Home

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Quick Pre Christmas Wrap-up

Before I can even start blogging about our trip home to the States I must wrap up on the events leading up to that. December is one of my favorite months in Germany mostly in part to the amazing Christmas markets. One Saturday we headed out with two of our friends, Kyle and Janice, to a few markets. Our first stop was the nearby town of Wiesbaden (the capital of our state, Hessen).

Janice and I can't contain our excitement on the train ride out there.

First stop, since it was freezing, Gluhwein stand.

The beautiful town of Wiesbaden

Next on the agenda was the quaint town of Rudesheim. This town reminded me a lot of Rothenburg ob der Tauber. I will definitely be going back there in the summer as it lies right along the river and has some amazing classic German views. Maybe if you come visit I will take you there too.

In the Rudesheim market and all it's glory. I really liked this market, we rode a ski lift over the city, enjoyed some traditional gluhwein and they even had warm Belgian cherry beer (trust me it was good).

A Christmas market isn't complete without a picture with St. Nikolaus

The following weekend was jammed pack with an Ugly Christmas Sweater/Bday Party and a Staff Christmas Party. Our girl Kate was celebrating her birthday in style and we had the pleasure of joining in on the fun.

Justin's homemade sweater complete with battery operated lights attached. (Thanks Katy and Craig)

Prom pose in front of the decorations. If you are wondering about my sweater, I bought it at an Oxfam store and let me tell you Ugly Christmas Sweaters are hard to find in Germany. I guess they don't find it as funny and yes the reindeer on my sweater are upside down.

Doesn't he look so sophisticated? Best part about the night was Justin won best homemade sweater! Prize = a bottle of Gluhwein (can't get enough of it around Christmas)

Even Santa showed up!

After an awesome Friday night, we got back to more celebrating on Saturday at our Staff Christmas Party. It was in an old factory equipped with food, drinks, and a DJ. It was a fun night for all of us co-workers to get dressed up and cut loose.

We clean up pretty well, right?

Needless to say before going to the States for actual Christmas we had a lot of fun leading up to it in Germany. Lots to share about our trip home and I hope all of you had as much fun during your holidays as we did.

Happy New Year! Can't wait to see what 2011 will bring!

Lastly, sorry for the lack of blogging in recent months, I hope to get back on the horse in 2011. More German food, funny German interactions and of course more travel.

--Marisa
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...