Home

Saturday, November 7, 2009

It's Official...

I have a job!!!


After 3 long months of looking and applying for jobs I finally found one I am excited about. I will be a freelance English teacher at a worldwide language school.  As some of you know I have been very hesitate to teach. You would think coming from a background of teachers and actually being married to one I would have more consideration for the profession. Don't get me wrong I love and adore teachers and think what they do is amazing I just wasn't sure it was for me. Now after thinking about my options and opportunities here I gave it another look and I find myself actually pretty excited. It is not in the normal classroom setting and some classes can be very specific like business terms. My classes can change from week to week as well as the people. I am also very intrigued by the actual skill of teaching English to someone. I know what you are thinking, "Do I even have a clue how to do that?" and the answer is no, but they send me to two weeks of training and I have a mentorship for the first 2 months I am there. Like any job and new skill I will learn as I go. It does get me pretty excited to think down the road and utilizing teaching English to people. Who knows what God has in store for Justin and I on this journey called life, but that could possibly involve living in places where the demand for English could be high and I would love to be able to provide that to people that wanted or needed it. I have learned a few languages in my life and have enjoyed all my experiences for different reasons and I hope that through this I can bring people a great experience with learning English. I know I am wide eyed and very naive right now, but I am going to give it my best shot and hope for the best. Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers!


On a side note I waited a week to blog about this because I wanted to make sure I was legal to work in Germany and I am now! Yeah for work permits!


Enjoy this German commercial for my company! Don't worry you don't need to know German to understand it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...